- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
How Collin Sexton Reacted When LeBron James Left Cavs to Join Lakers in Free Agency
- Updated: April 5, 2019
The youngster wasn’t upset when James departed Cleveland to join the Los Angeles Lakers, per Marc Spears of The Undefeated.
“I wasn’t mad or anything like that,” Sexton said. “I never knew the guy.”
Sexton, 20, was the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. While Sexton would have loved to play with the four-time MVP, James decided to go in a different direction with his career and storyline.
Although the Cavs lost the best player in the world, the uber confident rookie was certain the Cavs could still work hard without James:
“I knew we still had a good group of guys, a great team, even without him. I was like, ‘We’re good.’ We just have to have someone pick up his slack. Everyone else has to contribute as well.”
Despite the Cavs’ lack of winning this season, Sexton had a point about the team’s great group of guys. The squad has bonded, got on the same page and won meaningful games in the last couple of months. In fact, the star rookie has played a huge factor in spearheading the switch.
In 79 games this season, Sexton is putting up 16.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game. His scoring among rookies is only below stars Luka Doncic and Trae Young. In the process of leading the Cavs’ rebuild, Sexton has broken multiple rookie records, including a franchise one held by James.