- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Sexton recorded 28 points versus the Mavs, marking his fifth straight game of 20 or more points. James managed to record only four consecutive 20-point games in his rookie campaign.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 17, 2019
It’s an incredible achievement for Sexton and a sign of just how much he has grown as an offensive weapon this season. Over his last five games, Sexton is averaging 26.4 points on a staggering 55.7 percent shooting from the field and 51.5 percent shooting from deep.
At the start of the season, Sexton was struggling in many facets of his game. While he certainly still has room to grow as a passer and a defender, there is little doubt that he has the potential to be a premier score-first point guard in the NBA.
The Cavs have 12 games left on their regular season schedule and Sexton will certainly look to finish strong.
While it’s unlikely he will win the Rookie of the Year award, there is little doubt that he will be considered amongst the most exciting sophomore players when the 2019-20 season rolls around.