- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
- Report: Members of Cavs Organization Call Out Kevin Love’s ‘Lousy Body Language’
- Kevin Love and Jordan Clarkson Send Prayers to Rodney Hood After Devastating Injury
- Report: Cavs to Field Offers for Kevin Love That Include Young Players and Draft Picks
Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Sexton recorded 28 points versus the Mavs, marking his fifth straight game of 20 or more points. James managed to record only four consecutive 20-point games in his rookie campaign.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 17, 2019
It’s an incredible achievement for Sexton and a sign of just how much he has grown as an offensive weapon this season. Over his last five games, Sexton is averaging 26.4 points on a staggering 55.7 percent shooting from the field and 51.5 percent shooting from deep.
At the start of the season, Sexton was struggling in many facets of his game. While he certainly still has room to grow as a passer and a defender, there is little doubt that he has the potential to be a premier score-first point guard in the NBA.
The Cavs have 12 games left on their regular season schedule and Sexton will certainly look to finish strong.
While it’s unlikely he will win the Rookie of the Year award, there is little doubt that he will be considered amongst the most exciting sophomore players when the 2019-20 season rolls around.