- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Sexton recorded 28 points versus the Mavs, marking his fifth straight game of 20 or more points. James managed to record only four consecutive 20-point games in his rookie campaign.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 17, 2019
It’s an incredible achievement for Sexton and a sign of just how much he has grown as an offensive weapon this season. Over his last five games, Sexton is averaging 26.4 points on a staggering 55.7 percent shooting from the field and 51.5 percent shooting from deep.
At the start of the season, Sexton was struggling in many facets of his game. While he certainly still has room to grow as a passer and a defender, there is little doubt that he has the potential to be a premier score-first point guard in the NBA.
The Cavs have 12 games left on their regular season schedule and Sexton will certainly look to finish strong.
While it’s unlikely he will win the Rookie of the Year award, there is little doubt that he will be considered amongst the most exciting sophomore players when the 2019-20 season rolls around.