- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Sexton recorded 28 points versus the Mavs, marking his fifth straight game of 20 or more points. James managed to record only four consecutive 20-point games in his rookie campaign.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 17, 2019
It’s an incredible achievement for Sexton and a sign of just how much he has grown as an offensive weapon this season. Over his last five games, Sexton is averaging 26.4 points on a staggering 55.7 percent shooting from the field and 51.5 percent shooting from deep.
At the start of the season, Sexton was struggling in many facets of his game. While he certainly still has room to grow as a passer and a defender, there is little doubt that he has the potential to be a premier score-first point guard in the NBA.
The Cavs have 12 games left on their regular season schedule and Sexton will certainly look to finish strong.
While it’s unlikely he will win the Rookie of the Year award, there is little doubt that he will be considered amongst the most exciting sophomore players when the 2019-20 season rolls around.