- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- Updated: March 17, 2019
Sexton recorded 28 points versus the Mavs, marking his fifth straight game of 20 or more points. James managed to record only four consecutive 20-point games in his rookie campaign.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 17, 2019
It’s an incredible achievement for Sexton and a sign of just how much he has grown as an offensive weapon this season. Over his last five games, Sexton is averaging 26.4 points on a staggering 55.7 percent shooting from the field and 51.5 percent shooting from deep.
At the start of the season, Sexton was struggling in many facets of his game. While he certainly still has room to grow as a passer and a defender, there is little doubt that he has the potential to be a premier score-first point guard in the NBA.
The Cavs have 12 games left on their regular season schedule and Sexton will certainly look to finish strong.
While it’s unlikely he will win the Rookie of the Year award, there is little doubt that he will be considered amongst the most exciting sophomore players when the 2019-20 season rolls around.