- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Report: Clippers have become ‘real possibility’ for Tristan Thompson
- Updated: November 21, 2020
Free agent Tristan Thompson still hasn’t struck a deal with a team.
However, it appears the Cleveland Cavaliers could lose the center to the Los Angeles Clippers after Friday’s bevy of free-agency action.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 21, 2020
The Los Angeles Lakers snagged Montrezl Harrell from the Clippers. The 26-year-old Harrell signed a two-year deal with the Lakers.
Now, the Clippers are lacking firepower in their frontcourt.
Thompson, 29, could easily fill that void. After all, he has strong history with new Clippers head coach Tyronn Lue.
The pair won a championship together for the Cavaliers in 2016. Lue was able to maximize Thompson in a star-driven system.
Furthermore, the veteran would get the chance to play for a contender after missing the postseason for the last two years. The Cavs finished with the worst record in the Eastern Conference last season.
Thompson put up 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game last season.