- Report: Clippers have become ‘real possibility’ for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Raptors and Lakers expected to pursue Tristan Thompson in free agency
- Report: Chatter of ‘Gordon Hayward-Andre Drummond swap’ heating up across league
- Report: NBA title contenders were vying to trade for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Video: Isaac Okoro surprises his parents with brand new Range Rover moments after getting drafted
- Cavs players react in jubilation to first-round pick of Isaac Okoro
- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
Report: Clippers have become ‘real possibility’ for Tristan Thompson
- Updated: November 21, 2020
Free agent Tristan Thompson still hasn’t struck a deal with a team.
However, it appears the Cleveland Cavaliers could lose the center to the Los Angeles Clippers after Friday’s bevy of free-agency action.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 21, 2020
The Los Angeles Lakers snagged Montrezl Harrell from the Clippers. The 26-year-old Harrell signed a two-year deal with the Lakers.
Now, the Clippers are lacking firepower in their frontcourt.
Thompson, 29, could easily fill that void. After all, he has strong history with new Clippers head coach Tyronn Lue.
The pair won a championship together for the Cavaliers in 2016. Lue was able to maximize Thompson in a star-driven system.
Furthermore, the veteran would get the chance to play for a contender after missing the postseason for the last two years. The Cavs finished with the worst record in the Eastern Conference last season.
Thompson put up 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game last season.