- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
Channing Frye Says He and Kyle Korver Helped Fix LeBron’s Jump Shot
- Updated: April 3, 2019
While Channing Frye and LeBron James were teammates in Cleveland, James was clearly the best player on the roster. That being said, Frye still takes some credit for the improvement in James’ jump shot during their years together.
Frye spoke with Joe Vardon of The Athletic about three things he will tell his kids about James. The first thing is funny, the second is obvious, but the third concerns James’ jumper.
“No. 1, he has smelly breath. Smelly breath. No. 2, he was a freak of nature,” Frye said, but the third thing he’ll tell his kids involves former teammate Kyle Korver. “And then No. 3, Kyle Korver and I fixed his jumper for one year. (Funny, Korver takes the credit for that.) I know, but Korver, Channing, it’s all the same. It’s all about Korver.”
James shot 30.9 percent from deep during the 2015-16 season. But he played with Frye and Korver for parts of the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. During those years, James shot 36.3 and 36.7 percent from three-point range respectively.
Despite his status as an all-time great player, James’ jumper has never been the strongest part of his game. But as he ages, he’ll need to utilize that aspect of his game more. Thankfully, he had good mentors like Frye and Korver.