- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Add Kendrick Perkins to Training Camp Roster
- Updated: September 21, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have found the enforcer that the team has been so desperately lacking, as it was reported by Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com that big man Kendrick Perkins was at LeBron James’ minicamp in Santa Barbara, Calif. and will come to the team’s training camp next week.
Perkins, 32, is reportedly in great shape as he told the Boston Globe earlier this summer: “The body feels good, man, I’m just sitting here waiting on an opportunity. Hopefully I can get a training camp invite soon. I want to earn my way. I don’t want nobody to give me nothing. So I’ve been working hard, going two or three times a day, working and grinding. I’m just trying to stay with it.”
However, according to Vardon, the 6-10 center is unlikely to make the team’s final roster due to the Cavs already having 15 players under guaranteed contract. The team is also already $18.6 million above the league’s luxury tax line and would have to spend millions in order to cut someone else and give a roster spot to Perkins.
The Cavs now have just one spot remaining for camp invitees.