- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Add Kendrick Perkins to Training Camp Roster
- Updated: September 21, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have found the enforcer that the team has been so desperately lacking, as it was reported by Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com that big man Kendrick Perkins was at LeBron James’ minicamp in Santa Barbara, Calif. and will come to the team’s training camp next week.
Perkins, 32, is reportedly in great shape as he told the Boston Globe earlier this summer: “The body feels good, man, I’m just sitting here waiting on an opportunity. Hopefully I can get a training camp invite soon. I want to earn my way. I don’t want nobody to give me nothing. So I’ve been working hard, going two or three times a day, working and grinding. I’m just trying to stay with it.”
However, according to Vardon, the 6-10 center is unlikely to make the team’s final roster due to the Cavs already having 15 players under guaranteed contract. The team is also already $18.6 million above the league’s luxury tax line and would have to spend millions in order to cut someone else and give a roster spot to Perkins.
The Cavs now have just one spot remaining for camp invitees.