- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Jordan Clarkson Sets Cavs Franchise Record in 1st Half vs. Clippers
- Updated: March 22, 2019
That took place when his second-quarter basket allowed him to pass Campy Russell for most points in a single season by a Cavs reserve.
With his 10th point off the bench tonight, @JordanClarksons has just passed @CampyRussell (1,210 in 1975-76) for the most points by a @cavs reserve in a single season. Clarkson has also reached 1,000 career assists with his first assist of the night. #CavsClippers #BeTheFight
— Cavs Official Notes (@CavsNotes) March 23, 2019
Congrats, JC! #BeTheFight
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) March 23, 2019
Clarkson’s driving layup with 8:04 remaining before halftime allowed him to pass Russell’s previous record of 1,210. Russell’s mark was achieved during his second season with the team, the 1975-76 campaign. Most Cavs fans will recognize that particular year, given that it marked the Miracle of Richfield season.
Entering Friday’s contest, Clarkson was averaging 16.9 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists on the season. He was acquired in February 2018 as part of a deal that also brought Larry Nance Jr. to the Cavaliers.