- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Hint at Who Will Replace Kevin Love in Starting Lineup of Game 3
- Updated: June 8, 2016
With Kevin Love officially out for Wednesday night’s Game 3 of the NBA Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers need to find a replacement for him in the starting lineup as they take on the Golden State Warriors.
If Akron Beacon Journal beat writer Jason Lloyd’s tweet is of any indication, the decision has officially been made with Richard Jefferson being the choice:
Meanwhile, Richard Jefferson is last player on practice court this morning getting up shots. And he's wearing a starter's jersey.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) June 8, 2016
Lloyd indicated that the 35-year-old Jefferson was wearing a starter’s jersey during the team’s shootaround this morning. During the regular season, he started five of the 74 games he played for the team.
Three of those starts came in the first five weeks of the season, another came in place of LeBron James against Washington on February 28 and the last one came in the regular season finale against Detroit on April 13. All of his postseason performances have been as a reserve.