- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Updated: October 12, 2020
When James joined the Cavs in 2014, the team traded No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Love in an attempt to field a championship-ready team with a star trio of Love, James and Kyrie Irving.
The Cavs succeeded in that goal.
They reached the NBA Finals in each of the next four seasons, capturing the championship in 2016.
Thompson, meanwhile, earned himself a hefty new contract following his blue-collar effort in the 2015 NBA Finals.
Although James left Cleveland in the summer of 2018, his contributions to the city and its sports scene will never be forgotten.