- Kevin Love Strongly Endorses J.R. Smith After Seeing Him Dominate Recent Workout
- Report: J.R. Smith Has Emerged as Leading Candidate to Replace Avery Bradley on Lakers Roster
- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
Cavs News: Suspensions Announced for Fight Between Serge Ibaka and Marquese Chriss
- Updated: March 12, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, suspensions for both players were handed down by the NBA.
Sources: Toronto’s Serge Ibaka has been suspended three games by NBA for altercation with Cleveland’s Marquese Chriss. Chriss was suspended one game.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2019
It makes perfect sense that Ibaka gets the much larger suspension, but it is somewhat questionable why Chriss should miss any time.
After all, from the video it seems clear that he was primarily defending himself.
Ibaka and Chriss out here throwing punches ? pic.twitter.com/NwRhL6Apw4
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 12, 2019
Either way, it is good that both Chriss and Ibaka now know what punishments they will have to serve to put the ugly fight in their past.
As for the Cavs, they’ll be without Chriss for tonight’s game versus the Philadelphia 76ers as they look to win a second game in a row against a playoff-caliber opponent.