- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs News: Suspensions Announced for Fight Between Serge Ibaka and Marquese Chriss
- Updated: March 12, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, suspensions for both players were handed down by the NBA.
Sources: Toronto’s Serge Ibaka has been suspended three games by NBA for altercation with Cleveland’s Marquese Chriss. Chriss was suspended one game.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2019
It makes perfect sense that Ibaka gets the much larger suspension, but it is somewhat questionable why Chriss should miss any time.
After all, from the video it seems clear that he was primarily defending himself.
Ibaka and Chriss out here throwing punches 😳 pic.twitter.com/NwRhL6Apw4
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 12, 2019
Either way, it is good that both Chriss and Ibaka now know what punishments they will have to serve to put the ugly fight in their past.
As for the Cavs, they’ll be without Chriss for tonight’s game versus the Philadelphia 76ers as they look to win a second game in a row against a playoff-caliber opponent.