- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs News: Suspensions Announced for Fight Between Serge Ibaka and Marquese Chriss
- Updated: March 12, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, suspensions for both players were handed down by the NBA.
Sources: Toronto’s Serge Ibaka has been suspended three games by NBA for altercation with Cleveland’s Marquese Chriss. Chriss was suspended one game.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2019
It makes perfect sense that Ibaka gets the much larger suspension, but it is somewhat questionable why Chriss should miss any time.
After all, from the video it seems clear that he was primarily defending himself.
Ibaka and Chriss out here throwing punches ? pic.twitter.com/NwRhL6Apw4
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 12, 2019
Either way, it is good that both Chriss and Ibaka now know what punishments they will have to serve to put the ugly fight in their past.
As for the Cavs, they’ll be without Chriss for tonight’s game versus the Philadelphia 76ers as they look to win a second game in a row against a playoff-caliber opponent.