- Former Cavs Players Get Into Twitter War With Royce White After He Calls Out LeBron James
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
Cavs News: Suspensions Announced for Fight Between Serge Ibaka and Marquese Chriss
- Updated: March 12, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, suspensions for both players were handed down by the NBA.
Sources: Toronto’s Serge Ibaka has been suspended three games by NBA for altercation with Cleveland’s Marquese Chriss. Chriss was suspended one game.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2019
It makes perfect sense that Ibaka gets the much larger suspension, but it is somewhat questionable why Chriss should miss any time.
After all, from the video it seems clear that he was primarily defending himself.
Ibaka and Chriss out here throwing punches 😳 pic.twitter.com/NwRhL6Apw4
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 12, 2019
Either way, it is good that both Chriss and Ibaka now know what punishments they will have to serve to put the ugly fight in their past.
As for the Cavs, they’ll be without Chriss for tonight’s game versus the Philadelphia 76ers as they look to win a second game in a row against a playoff-caliber opponent.