- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Cavs News: Suspensions Announced for Fight Between Serge Ibaka and Marquese Chriss
- Updated: March 12, 2019
On Tuesday afternoon, suspensions for both players were handed down by the NBA.
Sources: Toronto’s Serge Ibaka has been suspended three games by NBA for altercation with Cleveland’s Marquese Chriss. Chriss was suspended one game.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 12, 2019
It makes perfect sense that Ibaka gets the much larger suspension, but it is somewhat questionable why Chriss should miss any time.
After all, from the video it seems clear that he was primarily defending himself.
Ibaka and Chriss out here throwing punches 😳 pic.twitter.com/NwRhL6Apw4
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 12, 2019
Either way, it is good that both Chriss and Ibaka now know what punishments they will have to serve to put the ugly fight in their past.
As for the Cavs, they’ll be without Chriss for tonight’s game versus the Philadelphia 76ers as they look to win a second game in a row against a playoff-caliber opponent.