- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Collin Sexton Exchanges Jersey With Dwyane Wade Following Loss to Miami Heat
- Updated: January 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade has been participating in a jersey exchange with players around the league as part of his final NBA season.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) January 26, 2019
During the exchange, Miami’s play-by-play announcer Jason Jackson offered some encouraging insight into the exchange.
“That right there is a sign of respect for Young Bull,” Jackson said of Wade giving his jersey to Sexton. “He’s not going to do that unless he thinks Collin Sexton is going to be able to make his mark in this league.”
While Sexton has certainly shown flashes this season and is currently enjoying a 14-game streak of double-digit scoring nights, he didn’t play particularly well in Friday’s loss. He finished the game with just 13 points on 30.8 percent shooting from the field.
Despite the loss, it seems Sexton was truly excited to take part in the jersey exchange.
Hopefully, Wade was able to bestow some sagely wisdom upon Sexton during their brief conversation following the swap.