- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Collin Sexton Exchanges Jersey With Dwyane Wade Following Loss to Miami Heat
- Updated: January 25, 2019
Dwyane Wade has been participating in a jersey exchange with players around the league as part of his final NBA season.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) January 26, 2019
During the exchange, Miami’s play-by-play announcer Jason Jackson offered some encouraging insight into the exchange.
“That right there is a sign of respect for Young Bull,” Jackson said of Wade giving his jersey to Sexton. “He’s not going to do that unless he thinks Collin Sexton is going to be able to make his mark in this league.”
While Sexton has certainly shown flashes this season and is currently enjoying a 14-game streak of double-digit scoring nights, he didn’t play particularly well in Friday’s loss. He finished the game with just 13 points on 30.8 percent shooting from the field.
Despite the loss, it seems Sexton was truly excited to take part in the jersey exchange.
Hopefully, Wade was able to bestow some sagely wisdom upon Sexton during their brief conversation following the swap.