- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson Congratulate LeBron James in Hilarious Fashion
- Updated: March 7, 2019
Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James achieved a remarkable milestone on Wednesday night when he passed Michael Jordan on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) March 7, 2019
Frye was approached by the media following Cleveland’s loss to the Brooklyn Nets. Another one of James’ former teammates, Richard Jefferson, is a color commentator for the Nets on YES Network. He was in the locker room to chime in on James’ milestone as well.
“It’s a huge accomplishment for a guy like him who’s shown his consistency of ball-hogging,” Frye told the media.
Jefferson jumped in and wondered why James isn’t trying to climb up the list of all-time assists leaders.
“He never passed the ball,” Jefferson remarked. “Why don’t you try and pass like the all-time assist leader? Why don’t you try and pass John Stockton instead of trying to pass Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar]? Can you do that?”
The video was taken prior to James’ passing of Jordan, but he entered Wednesday night 12 points behind Jordan. It was almost a foregone conclusion that James was set to pass Jordan.
Frye and Jefferson almost sounded like they were ready to earnestly congratulate their former teammate before, once again, hilariously telling him he “sucks.”
Obviously, Frye and Jefferson are great friends with James and only saying this as a joke. The trio has a lot of history together. All three played pivotal roles Cleveland’s historic 2016 championship season.
Perhaps James will send Frye and Jefferson a bottle of wine to commemorate this historic moment.