- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson Congratulate LeBron James in Hilarious Fashion
- Updated: March 7, 2019
Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James achieved a remarkable milestone on Wednesday night when he passed Michael Jordan on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) March 7, 2019
Frye was approached by the media following Cleveland’s loss to the Brooklyn Nets. Another one of James’ former teammates, Richard Jefferson, is a color commentator for the Nets on YES Network. He was in the locker room to chime in on James’ milestone as well.
“It’s a huge accomplishment for a guy like him who’s shown his consistency of ball-hogging,” Frye told the media.
Jefferson jumped in and wondered why James isn’t trying to climb up the list of all-time assists leaders.
“He never passed the ball,” Jefferson remarked. “Why don’t you try and pass like the all-time assist leader? Why don’t you try and pass John Stockton instead of trying to pass Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar]? Can you do that?”
The video was taken prior to James’ passing of Jordan, but he entered Wednesday night 12 points behind Jordan. It was almost a foregone conclusion that James was set to pass Jordan.
Frye and Jefferson almost sounded like they were ready to earnestly congratulate their former teammate before, once again, hilariously telling him he “sucks.”
Obviously, Frye and Jefferson are great friends with James and only saying this as a joke. The trio has a lot of history together. All three played pivotal roles Cleveland’s historic 2016 championship season.
Perhaps James will send Frye and Jefferson a bottle of wine to commemorate this historic moment.