- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson Congratulate LeBron James in Hilarious Fashion
- Updated: March 7, 2019
Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James achieved a remarkable milestone on Wednesday night when he passed Michael Jordan on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) March 7, 2019
Frye was approached by the media following Cleveland’s loss to the Brooklyn Nets. Another one of James’ former teammates, Richard Jefferson, is a color commentator for the Nets on YES Network. He was in the locker room to chime in on James’ milestone as well.
“It’s a huge accomplishment for a guy like him who’s shown his consistency of ball-hogging,” Frye told the media.
Jefferson jumped in and wondered why James isn’t trying to climb up the list of all-time assists leaders.
“He never passed the ball,” Jefferson remarked. “Why don’t you try and pass like the all-time assist leader? Why don’t you try and pass John Stockton instead of trying to pass Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar]? Can you do that?”
The video was taken prior to James’ passing of Jordan, but he entered Wednesday night 12 points behind Jordan. It was almost a foregone conclusion that James was set to pass Jordan.
Frye and Jefferson almost sounded like they were ready to earnestly congratulate their former teammate before, once again, hilariously telling him he “sucks.”
Obviously, Frye and Jefferson are great friends with James and only saying this as a joke. The trio has a lot of history together. All three played pivotal roles Cleveland’s historic 2016 championship season.
Perhaps James will send Frye and Jefferson a bottle of wine to commemorate this historic moment.