- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Collin Sexton on Verge of Breaking Rookie Record Set by Kyrie Irving
- Updated: March 6, 2019
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) March 5, 2019
Sexton currently has 72 made 3-pointers, and is shooting an impressive 38.3 percent from beyond the arc.
When Irving made his 73 triples as a rookie, he did so on 39.9 percent shooting, though he played in just 51 games that year.
Irving, now a member of the Boston Celtics, has gone on to become a prolific shooter from distance as well as a six-time All-Star. So if this record is of any indication, Sexton is on a good trajectory.
It’s been an up-and-down season for the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. On the bright side, Sexton is averaging 30.6 minutes per night and shooting 3-pointers well.
However, he’s struggling to finish at the rim and earn free throws, so his overall efficiency hasn’t been very good.
He’s also averaging just 2.8 assists per game, which is extremely low for a starting point guard.
Still, there have been a lot of positives in Sexton’s rookie season, and the Cavs are surely excited about their young prospect.