- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
Report: Collin Sexton on Verge of Breaking Rookie Record Set by Kyrie Irving
- Updated: March 6, 2019
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) March 5, 2019
Sexton currently has 72 made 3-pointers, and is shooting an impressive 38.3 percent from beyond the arc.
When Irving made his 73 triples as a rookie, he did so on 39.9 percent shooting, though he played in just 51 games that year.
Irving, now a member of the Boston Celtics, has gone on to become a prolific shooter from distance as well as a six-time All-Star. So if this record is of any indication, Sexton is on a good trajectory.
It’s been an up-and-down season for the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. On the bright side, Sexton is averaging 30.6 minutes per night and shooting 3-pointers well.
However, he’s struggling to finish at the rim and earn free throws, so his overall efficiency hasn’t been very good.
He’s also averaging just 2.8 assists per game, which is extremely low for a starting point guard.
Still, there have been a lot of positives in Sexton’s rookie season, and the Cavs are surely excited about their young prospect.