- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Report: Collin Sexton on Verge of Breaking Rookie Record Set by Kyrie Irving
- Updated: March 6, 2019
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) March 5, 2019
Sexton currently has 72 made 3-pointers, and is shooting an impressive 38.3 percent from beyond the arc.
When Irving made his 73 triples as a rookie, he did so on 39.9 percent shooting, though he played in just 51 games that year.
Irving, now a member of the Boston Celtics, has gone on to become a prolific shooter from distance as well as a six-time All-Star. So if this record is of any indication, Sexton is on a good trajectory.
It’s been an up-and-down season for the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. On the bright side, Sexton is averaging 30.6 minutes per night and shooting 3-pointers well.
However, he’s struggling to finish at the rim and earn free throws, so his overall efficiency hasn’t been very good.
He’s also averaging just 2.8 assists per game, which is extremely low for a starting point guard.
Still, there have been a lot of positives in Sexton’s rookie season, and the Cavs are surely excited about their young prospect.