- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Collin Sexton on Verge of Breaking Rookie Record Set by Kyrie Irving
- Updated: March 6, 2019
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) March 5, 2019
Sexton currently has 72 made 3-pointers, and is shooting an impressive 38.3 percent from beyond the arc.
When Irving made his 73 triples as a rookie, he did so on 39.9 percent shooting, though he played in just 51 games that year.
Irving, now a member of the Boston Celtics, has gone on to become a prolific shooter from distance as well as a six-time All-Star. So if this record is of any indication, Sexton is on a good trajectory.
It’s been an up-and-down season for the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. On the bright side, Sexton is averaging 30.6 minutes per night and shooting 3-pointers well.
However, he’s struggling to finish at the rim and earn free throws, so his overall efficiency hasn’t been very good.
He’s also averaging just 2.8 assists per game, which is extremely low for a starting point guard.
Still, there have been a lot of positives in Sexton’s rookie season, and the Cavs are surely excited about their young prospect.