- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: David Fizdale Heavily Praises Kevin Love, Calls Him ‘Matchup Nightmare’
- Updated: February 28, 2019
That’s no secret, but New York Knicks head coach David Fizdale explained why Love is so difficult to deal with. The head coach even used the term “matchup nightmare” to describe the power forward.
— Danny Small (@dwsmall8) February 28, 2019
“He’s a matchup nightmare because he can post you, no matter who he’s playing against he can pick and pop, and he’s a great passer,” Fizdale said in his pregame press conference. “He really ignites their breaks obviously. He’s the best outleter in the league. It’s not even close. I just think having that veteran presence, former All-Star presence on the floor, it really settles them and it helps them. He’s kind of their anchor when it comes to that.”
Love’s minutes have been increasing over his last three games. He has posted three straight double-doubles and is looking to build on that success Thursday in Madison Square Garden.
The former All-Star played just under 16 minutes when the Cavs and Knicks met on Feb. 11 in Cleveland. He scored 14 points and collected nine rebounds in that contest. Even though Love was limited, the Cavs were still able to pick up the victory.
With Love looking more comfortable on the court and playing more minutes, Knicks defenders will have their hands full.