- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Updated: February 12, 2019
After attempting to throw his signature outlet pass to Sexton on Monday, Love admits that he’s still figuring out how to adapt to his new teammates.
“I missed (Sexton) on a couple long ones,” Love said to Joe Vardon of The Athletic. “It’s a little different when it’s not LeBron you’re throwing to.”
Head coach Larry Drew is starting to ease Love back into the rotation. He’s played in two games since returning from injury. Although he doesn’t look completely comfortable yet, he looked more like his old self on Monday against the New York Knicks.
“I think he looks great,” Cavs coach Larry Drew said. “He’s doing some things that we’ve really missed over his absence. You can put him in the post and he can manufacture a shot and get to the free-throw line. He moves out to the three against a bigger guy, stretches out to the 3-point line. He still likes throwing those long passes and throwing them away, so he’s actually the same Kevin. Just kidding. But he looks good.”
Love finished the night with three turnovers to just one assist. This should change as time goes on and he develops chemistry with his newer teammates like Sexton.