- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Updated: February 12, 2019
After attempting to throw his signature outlet pass to Sexton on Monday, Love admits that he’s still figuring out how to adapt to his new teammates.
“I missed (Sexton) on a couple long ones,” Love said to Joe Vardon of The Athletic. “It’s a little different when it’s not LeBron you’re throwing to.”
Head coach Larry Drew is starting to ease Love back into the rotation. He’s played in two games since returning from injury. Although he doesn’t look completely comfortable yet, he looked more like his old self on Monday against the New York Knicks.
“I think he looks great,” Cavs coach Larry Drew said. “He’s doing some things that we’ve really missed over his absence. You can put him in the post and he can manufacture a shot and get to the free-throw line. He moves out to the three against a bigger guy, stretches out to the 3-point line. He still likes throwing those long passes and throwing them away, so he’s actually the same Kevin. Just kidding. But he looks good.”
Love finished the night with three turnovers to just one assist. This should change as time goes on and he develops chemistry with his newer teammates like Sexton.