- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
Major Milestone Met in Transformative Renovations of Quicken Loans Arena
- Updated: January 16, 2019
It will still be quite some time before the renovations that Quicken Loans Arena is currently undergoing are complete, but on Wednesday a major milestone was met for the crew.
The milestone was first celebrated on the Cavs’ official NBA site:
“A major construction milestone in The Q Transformation to update and modernize the 25-year old publicly-owned Quicken Loans Arena was celebrated today with a special topping off ceremony to hoist the project’s final steel beam into place atop of the arena.”
A number of important guests and project workers signed the 21-foot, 650 pound beam before it was lifted to its position above the arena.
Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson was also in attendance and celebrated the landmark achievement.
“As the final beam is raised on the Q Transformation project, I want to recognize the Cleveland Cavaliers for their commitment to the citizens of Cleveland. Through the financial, economic and community benefits the people of Cleveland gained through this project, the project continues to be a valuable investment in our city’s neighborhoods and our future.”
While the Cavs themselves are struggling through the 2018-19 season, it’s great to hear that the renovations of their home arena are going ahead as planned. If everything continues as currently predicted, the transformation will be complete before the start of next season.
If the Cavs are lucky, the struggles they are currently facing on the court will fetch them an incredibly talented player in the upcoming draft. If that does come to pass, it will be great fun to see a young and talented team take the court in a newly refurbished and beautiful Quicken Loans Arena.