- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Report: Patrick McCaw Makes Final Decision on Team for Rest of 2018-19 Season
- Updated: January 9, 2019
After much controversy surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers’ signing and waiving of guard Patrick McCaw, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors.
Patrick McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 9, 2019
There was some speculation that the Cavs were planning to re-sign McCaw after waiving him, but it appears that the team had no plans to keep the young guard on its roster. Instead, the Cavs have decided to sign Cameron Payne to fill out their roster.
After the Cavs signed restricted free agent McCaw to a two-year offer sheet, the Golden State Warriors declined to match, allowing McCaw to fully sign with his new team. However, after just three games, the Cavs decided to waive McCaw, which prompted the Warriors to push the NBA for an investigation into the matter.