- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Report: Patrick McCaw Makes Final Decision on Team for Rest of 2018-19 Season
- Updated: January 9, 2019
After much controversy surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers’ signing and waiving of guard Patrick McCaw, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors.
Patrick McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 9, 2019
There was some speculation that the Cavs were planning to re-sign McCaw after waiving him, but it appears that the team had no plans to keep the young guard on its roster. Instead, the Cavs have decided to sign Cameron Payne to fill out their roster.
After the Cavs signed restricted free agent McCaw to a two-year offer sheet, the Golden State Warriors declined to match, allowing McCaw to fully sign with his new team. However, after just three games, the Cavs decided to waive McCaw, which prompted the Warriors to push the NBA for an investigation into the matter.