- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Patrick McCaw Makes Final Decision on Team for Rest of 2018-19 Season
- Updated: January 9, 2019
After much controversy surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers’ signing and waiving of guard Patrick McCaw, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors.
Patrick McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 9, 2019
There was some speculation that the Cavs were planning to re-sign McCaw after waiving him, but it appears that the team had no plans to keep the young guard on its roster. Instead, the Cavs have decided to sign Cameron Payne to fill out their roster.
After the Cavs signed restricted free agent McCaw to a two-year offer sheet, the Golden State Warriors declined to match, allowing McCaw to fully sign with his new team. However, after just three games, the Cavs decided to waive McCaw, which prompted the Warriors to push the NBA for an investigation into the matter.