- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: Patrick McCaw Makes Final Decision on Team for Rest of 2018-19 Season
- Updated: January 9, 2019
After much controversy surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers’ signing and waiving of guard Patrick McCaw, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors.
Patrick McCaw plans to sign a deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 9, 2019
There was some speculation that the Cavs were planning to re-sign McCaw after waiving him, but it appears that the team had no plans to keep the young guard on its roster. Instead, the Cavs have decided to sign Cameron Payne to fill out their roster.
After the Cavs signed restricted free agent McCaw to a two-year offer sheet, the Golden State Warriors declined to match, allowing McCaw to fully sign with his new team. However, after just three games, the Cavs decided to waive McCaw, which prompted the Warriors to push the NBA for an investigation into the matter.