- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
J.R. Smith’s Latest Social Media Activity Should Have Cavs Fans Excited for Offseason
- Updated: June 14, 2017
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
That’s exactly the mentality the Cleveland Cavaliers should be going into this 2017 offseason with as they prepare for another grueling 82-game regular season until they get another crack at the playoffs.
Although the Cavs are just 24 hours removed from losing the 2017 NBA championship, fans should see the silver lining that comes with losing: better offseason acquisitions. And with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert already being rumored to offer general manager David Griffin a significant contract, fans should be licking their chops at this season’s potential free-agent signings.
Just recently, shooting guard J.R. Smith let fans know what he was thinking about a potential Anthony-to-Cavs scenario via Instagram:
Anthony is scheduled to make just over $26 million next season, however, with how much turmoil is going on in New York, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the All-Star forward waive his no-trade clause in favor of joining a contender.
Get ready for a wild offseason Cavaliers Nation, as this is just the start of what is likely to be an avalanche of free-agency and trade rumors this summer.