- Browns Defensive End Myles Garrett Says He Could Average 15 and 8 for Cavs
- David Griffin in Tears After Watching Rerun of 2016 Cavs-Warriors Finals Game 7
- LeBron James’ Emphatic Reaction After Rewatching His Iconic Game 7 Finals Block
- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
J.R. Smith’s Latest Social Media Activity Should Have Cavs Fans Excited for Offseason
- Updated: June 14, 2017
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
That’s exactly the mentality the Cleveland Cavaliers should be going into this 2017 offseason with as they prepare for another grueling 82-game regular season until they get another crack at the playoffs.
Although the Cavs are just 24 hours removed from losing the 2017 NBA championship, fans should see the silver lining that comes with losing: better offseason acquisitions. And with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert already being rumored to offer general manager David Griffin a significant contract, fans should be licking their chops at this season’s potential free-agent signings.
Just recently, shooting guard J.R. Smith let fans know what he was thinking about a potential Anthony-to-Cavs scenario via Instagram:
Anthony is scheduled to make just over $26 million next season, however, with how much turmoil is going on in New York, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the All-Star forward waive his no-trade clause in favor of joining a contender.
Get ready for a wild offseason Cavaliers Nation, as this is just the start of what is likely to be an avalanche of free-agency and trade rumors this summer.