- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Report: Cavs Among 4 Teams Interested in Signing Patrick McCaw
- Updated: January 7, 2019
After just three games in a Cavs uniform, the team waived McCaw, making him an unrestricted free agent. Now, the same organization that dumped him after less than a week may be in the mix to sign him, again.
Multiple reports have stated that the Cavaliers, along with a few playoff contenders, are interested in signing McCaw.
It’s an odd situation, considering Cleveland waived the former Warrior and immediately signed guard Cameron Payne to fill the roster spot.
In just three games, McCaw averaged 1.3 points in 17.7 minutes. It wasn’t exactly a sparkling stint for the 23-year-old. However, those were his first three games of the season, as he was a restricted free agent holdout with the Warriors.
There’s no confirmation on why this McCaw situation in Cleveland has gone down this way. However, some have speculated that this whole thing was a designed scenario – using an inflated offer sheet – to help get McCaw away from the Warriors.
If Cleveland does decide to bring him back, it will be on a guaranteed deal. Also, it would likely be a more team-friendly deal and, potentially, one that the Warriors would have matched originally.