- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Report: Cavs Among 4 Teams Interested in Signing Patrick McCaw
- Updated: January 7, 2019
After just three games in a Cavs uniform, the team waived McCaw, making him an unrestricted free agent. Now, the same organization that dumped him after less than a week may be in the mix to sign him, again.
Multiple reports have stated that the Cavaliers, along with a few playoff contenders, are interested in signing McCaw.
It’s an odd situation, considering Cleveland waived the former Warrior and immediately signed guard Cameron Payne to fill the roster spot.
In just three games, McCaw averaged 1.3 points in 17.7 minutes. It wasn’t exactly a sparkling stint for the 23-year-old. However, those were his first three games of the season, as he was a restricted free agent holdout with the Warriors.
There’s no confirmation on why this McCaw situation in Cleveland has gone down this way. However, some have speculated that this whole thing was a designed scenario – using an inflated offer sheet – to help get McCaw away from the Warriors.
If Cleveland does decide to bring him back, it will be on a guaranteed deal. Also, it would likely be a more team-friendly deal and, potentially, one that the Warriors would have matched originally.