- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
Report: Cavs Among 4 Teams Interested in Signing Patrick McCaw
- Updated: January 7, 2019
After just three games in a Cavs uniform, the team waived McCaw, making him an unrestricted free agent. Now, the same organization that dumped him after less than a week may be in the mix to sign him, again.
Multiple reports have stated that the Cavaliers, along with a few playoff contenders, are interested in signing McCaw.
It’s an odd situation, considering Cleveland waived the former Warrior and immediately signed guard Cameron Payne to fill the roster spot.
In just three games, McCaw averaged 1.3 points in 17.7 minutes. It wasn’t exactly a sparkling stint for the 23-year-old. However, those were his first three games of the season, as he was a restricted free agent holdout with the Warriors.
There’s no confirmation on why this McCaw situation in Cleveland has gone down this way. However, some have speculated that this whole thing was a designed scenario – using an inflated offer sheet – to help get McCaw away from the Warriors.
If Cleveland does decide to bring him back, it will be on a guaranteed deal. Also, it would likely be a more team-friendly deal and, potentially, one that the Warriors would have matched originally.