- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
- Report: Members of Cavs Organization Call Out Kevin Love’s ‘Lousy Body Language’
Report: Cavs Among 4 Teams Interested in Signing Patrick McCaw
- Updated: January 7, 2019
After just three games in a Cavs uniform, the team waived McCaw, making him an unrestricted free agent. Now, the same organization that dumped him after less than a week may be in the mix to sign him, again.
Multiple reports have stated that the Cavaliers, along with a few playoff contenders, are interested in signing McCaw.
It’s an odd situation, considering Cleveland waived the former Warrior and immediately signed guard Cameron Payne to fill the roster spot.
In just three games, McCaw averaged 1.3 points in 17.7 minutes. It wasn’t exactly a sparkling stint for the 23-year-old. However, those were his first three games of the season, as he was a restricted free agent holdout with the Warriors.
There’s no confirmation on why this McCaw situation in Cleveland has gone down this way. However, some have speculated that this whole thing was a designed scenario – using an inflated offer sheet – to help get McCaw away from the Warriors.
If Cleveland does decide to bring him back, it will be on a guaranteed deal. Also, it would likely be a more team-friendly deal and, potentially, one that the Warriors would have matched originally.