- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
LeBron James Explains How Warriors Were ‘F—– Up’ After Game 6 of 2016 NBA Finals
- Updated: January 2, 2019
LeBron James has always been known for his incredible NBA knowledge, and following the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Game 6 win in the 2016 NBA Finals, he recognized a huge weakness in the Golden State Warriors.
After falling behind three games to one in the seven-game series, the Cavs were able to win Game 5 and Game 6 by double-digit margins to bring the series to an even 3-3 record. After the Game 6 victory, James knew that the championship was within reach.
This video is a perfect example of what kind of leadership and knowledge James brought to the Cavs that season and makes his Finals MVP award all the more earned.
Three days after this video was recorded, the Cavs would go on to defeat the Warriors, 93-89, in the series-clinching Game 7.
While things are quite different in Cleveland at the moment, with the Cavs currently holding the NBA’s worst record at 8-29, there is no reason why fans can’t go back and appreciate the incredible achievement that earned James, the Cavs, and the city of Cleveland a championship banner.