- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs Big Man Expected to Be ‘on the Move’
- Updated: December 23, 2018
Among the numerous players the Cleveland Cavaliers are considering making available in deals prior to the February trade deadline is John Henson, a player acquired in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this month.
One report indicates that the currently injured Henson is likely to be acquired by another team before ever taking the court for the Cavaliers.
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders looked at potential trade considerations concerning the Cavaliers. After noting options involving J.R. Smith, Kyler focused on Henson’s likely short stay with the Cavs:
“Smith isn’t the only Cavs veteran league source talk about. Recently acquired big man John Henson is believed to be on the move as well. Henson underwent wrist surgery in early December and is expected to make his return sometime in mid-to-late February. Henson is not in the long-term plan for the Cavs and is eligible to be aggregated in a trade at the trade deadline.”
Henson is making $10.58 million this season and will make $9.7 million next year in the final year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension that was signed in October 2015.
Prior to his injury, the 6-foot-11 Henson played in 14 games this season for the Bucks, averaging 5.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. Those are down from his career numbers of 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per contest. He turns 28 years of age this Friday and is currently in his seventh NBA season after having been the 14th overall selection in the 2012 draft by Milwaukee.