- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Big Man Expected to Be ‘on the Move’
- Updated: December 23, 2018
Among the numerous players the Cleveland Cavaliers are considering making available in deals prior to the February trade deadline is John Henson, a player acquired in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this month.
One report indicates that the currently injured Henson is likely to be acquired by another team before ever taking the court for the Cavaliers.
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders looked at potential trade considerations concerning the Cavaliers. After noting options involving J.R. Smith, Kyler focused on Henson’s likely short stay with the Cavs:
“Smith isn’t the only Cavs veteran league source talk about. Recently acquired big man John Henson is believed to be on the move as well. Henson underwent wrist surgery in early December and is expected to make his return sometime in mid-to-late February. Henson is not in the long-term plan for the Cavs and is eligible to be aggregated in a trade at the trade deadline.”
Henson is making $10.58 million this season and will make $9.7 million next year in the final year of a four-year, $44 million contract extension that was signed in October 2015.
Prior to his injury, the 6-foot-11 Henson played in 14 games this season for the Bucks, averaging 5.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. Those are down from his career numbers of 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per contest. He turns 28 years of age this Friday and is currently in his seventh NBA season after having been the 14th overall selection in the 2012 draft by Milwaukee.