- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: February 14, 2019
“Cavs owner Dan Gilbert was in the locker room postgame,” wrote Vardon. “He chatted with some players individually, including Matthew Dellavedova. He announced to no one in particular that he’d be ducking back into the locker room after heading to the cafeteria, and when I asked if it were so he could talk to me, he said ‘definitely not.’ He kept his word.”
It’s unclear exactly what Gilbert told the players, but the owner must have felt the need to speak with the team after such a demoralizing loss.
The Cavs outplayed Brooklyn for a majority of the game, but Cleveland couldn’t close it out. The Cavs allowed Brooklyn to push the game to three overtimes before first-time All-Star D’Angelo Russell exploded for 14 points in the final overtime.