- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: February 14, 2019
“Cavs owner Dan Gilbert was in the locker room postgame,” wrote Vardon. “He chatted with some players individually, including Matthew Dellavedova. He announced to no one in particular that he’d be ducking back into the locker room after heading to the cafeteria, and when I asked if it were so he could talk to me, he said ‘definitely not.’ He kept his word.”
It’s unclear exactly what Gilbert told the players, but the owner must have felt the need to speak with the team after such a demoralizing loss.
The Cavs outplayed Brooklyn for a majority of the game, but Cleveland couldn’t close it out. The Cavs allowed Brooklyn to push the game to three overtimes before first-time All-Star D’Angelo Russell exploded for 14 points in the final overtime.