- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cavs Announce When Alec Burks Will Make Season Debut
- Updated: November 30, 2018
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 30, 2018
Burks, 27, will play tonight against the Boston Celtics for the first time as a Cavalier. Earlier this week, the Cavs dealt Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for Burks and a pair of future second-round picks. The deal gives the Cavs a veteran who has the potential to blossom in addition to prized picks that the team can package in a future trade for a better player or higher draft pick.
As for Burks, the 6-foot-6 guard is thrilled to be in Cleveland. Burks is averaging 8.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season. While minutes have been inconsistent for the eight-year pro in Utah, Burks is expected to get much more playing for the young Cavs.
The remainder of the season will determine a ton for Burks’ future. The 27-year-old is in the last year of a four-year, $42 million contract. Burks will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.