- Report: Cavs Re-Assigning John Beilein to a Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
Report: Cavs Announce When Alec Burks Will Make Season Debut
- Updated: November 30, 2018
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 30, 2018
Burks, 27, will play tonight against the Boston Celtics for the first time as a Cavalier. Earlier this week, the Cavs dealt Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for Burks and a pair of future second-round picks. The deal gives the Cavs a veteran who has the potential to blossom in addition to prized picks that the team can package in a future trade for a better player or higher draft pick.
As for Burks, the 6-foot-6 guard is thrilled to be in Cleveland. Burks is averaging 8.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season. While minutes have been inconsistent for the eight-year pro in Utah, Burks is expected to get much more playing for the young Cavs.
The remainder of the season will determine a ton for Burks’ future. The 27-year-old is in the last year of a four-year, $42 million contract. Burks will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.