- Report: J.R. Smith Has Emerged as Leading Candidate to Replace Avery Bradley on Lakers Roster
- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
Report: Cavs Announce When Alec Burks Will Make Season Debut
- Updated: November 30, 2018
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 30, 2018
Burks, 27, will play tonight against the Boston Celtics for the first time as a Cavalier. Earlier this week, the Cavs dealt Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for Burks and a pair of future second-round picks. The deal gives the Cavs a veteran who has the potential to blossom in addition to prized picks that the team can package in a future trade for a better player or higher draft pick.
As for Burks, the 6-foot-6 guard is thrilled to be in Cleveland. Burks is averaging 8.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season. While minutes have been inconsistent for the eight-year pro in Utah, Burks is expected to get much more playing for the young Cavs.
The remainder of the season will determine a ton for Burks’ future. The 27-year-old is in the last year of a four-year, $42 million contract. Burks will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.