- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Report: Cavs Announce When Alec Burks Will Make Season Debut
- Updated: November 30, 2018
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 30, 2018
Burks, 27, will play tonight against the Boston Celtics for the first time as a Cavalier. Earlier this week, the Cavs dealt Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for Burks and a pair of future second-round picks. The deal gives the Cavs a veteran who has the potential to blossom in addition to prized picks that the team can package in a future trade for a better player or higher draft pick.
As for Burks, the 6-foot-6 guard is thrilled to be in Cleveland. Burks is averaging 8.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season. While minutes have been inconsistent for the eight-year pro in Utah, Burks is expected to get much more playing for the young Cavs.
The remainder of the season will determine a ton for Burks’ future. The 27-year-old is in the last year of a four-year, $42 million contract. Burks will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.