- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Report: Cavs Announce When Alec Burks Will Make Season Debut
- Updated: November 30, 2018
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 30, 2018
Burks, 27, will play tonight against the Boston Celtics for the first time as a Cavalier. Earlier this week, the Cavs dealt Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for Burks and a pair of future second-round picks. The deal gives the Cavs a veteran who has the potential to blossom in addition to prized picks that the team can package in a future trade for a better player or higher draft pick.
As for Burks, the 6-foot-6 guard is thrilled to be in Cleveland. Burks is averaging 8.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game this season. While minutes have been inconsistent for the eight-year pro in Utah, Burks is expected to get much more playing for the young Cavs.
The remainder of the season will determine a ton for Burks’ future. The 27-year-old is in the last year of a four-year, $42 million contract. Burks will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.