- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
LeBron James Pays Ultimate Compliment to Cedi Osman
- Updated: November 22, 2018
It takes a ton to impress Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James. After all, the four-time MVP has been in the NBA for over 15 years, played on three different teams and won numerous championships with multiple squads.
— Spectrum SportsNet (@SpectrumSN) November 22, 2018
“Cedi is one of my favorite guys I’ve played with. It’s been only a year, but he’s a sponge and you can see he has love for the game.”
Osman, 23, only played with James for one year. Yet, the sophomore really got on James’ good side with his character, work ethic and commitment. The three-time champion brought Osman with him to a star-studded workout this past summer and it looks like it really helped.
After averaging an abysmal 3.9 points per game last season, Osman is having an amazing second season with the Cavs. The Turkish forward is averaging 11.4 points and 4.9 rebounds in 30.5 minutes a contest. Some of the improvement can be credited to James, who said he still keeps up with the starting small forward:
“My relationship has grown even stronger with Cedi even though I’ve been on another coast, but I’ve been keeping up with him throughout this season for him.”
While James may no longer be helping the Cavs compete for a championship in Cleveland, it’s commendable to see the veteran guiding one of the team’s rising youngsters.