- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Cavs News: Kevin Love Reveals When He’s Expecting to Return From Injury
- Updated: November 20, 2018
The day before LeBron james returns to Cleveland, we check in with the Cavs – @KevinLove, @Channing_Frye and Richard Jefferson react in real time to JR Smith separating from the team, plus Love (foot) says for the first time that he expects to be back on court after the new year. pic.twitter.com/TyikP3MTYD
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) November 21, 2018
The news of Love having surgery on his left toe was announced on Nov. 2, and the All-Star was expected to be re-evaluated after six weeks. That means that either Love has had a setback in his recovery or something else may be going on behind the scenes. It’s interesting to note that Love cannot be traded until Jan. 23.
The Cavs have clearly shifted their mindset from trying to make the playoffs to prioritizing a youth movement, resulting in a possible tanking approach to the season.
Love has only played in four games this season, averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game. With the direction the Cavs are heading, it’s no surprise that the All-Star isn’t being rushed back anytime soon.