- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Kevin Love Reveals When He’s Expecting to Return From Injury
- Updated: November 20, 2018
The day before LeBron james returns to Cleveland, we check in with the Cavs – @KevinLove, @Channing_Frye and Richard Jefferson react in real time to JR Smith separating from the team, plus Love (foot) says for the first time that he expects to be back on court after the new year. pic.twitter.com/TyikP3MTYD
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) November 21, 2018
The news of Love having surgery on his left toe was announced on Nov. 2, and the All-Star was expected to be re-evaluated after six weeks. That means that either Love has had a setback in his recovery or something else may be going on behind the scenes. It’s interesting to note that Love cannot be traded until Jan. 23.
The Cavs have clearly shifted their mindset from trying to make the playoffs to prioritizing a youth movement, resulting in a possible tanking approach to the season.
Love has only played in four games this season, averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game. With the direction the Cavs are heading, it’s no surprise that the All-Star isn’t being rushed back anytime soon.