- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- Updated: January 7, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith and his wife Jewel Harris shared some heartbreaking news on Saturday as the couple announced that the baby girl they had been expecting has been born five months early.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) January 7, 2017
Harris goes on to say that the baby, Dakota, is just five days old and weighs one pound. Smith has not been travelling with the team on its road trip and was not at its home game Wednesday against the Chicago Bulls. The shooting guard could be out an additional three months following right thumb surgery.
“We know we’re not the only family going through this, who has been through this or who will ever go through it,” Smith’s wife says. “That’s why we decided to share what we’ve been going through with you guys. Please keep us in your prayers and we’ll do the same for everybody else.”