- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
- Report: Cavs Release Huge Update Regarding Kevin Love’s Return
Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- Updated: January 7, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith and his wife Jewel Harris shared some heartbreaking news on Saturday as the couple announced that the baby girl they had been expecting has been born five months early.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) January 7, 2017
Harris goes on to say that the baby, Dakota, is just five days old and weighs one pound. Smith has not been travelling with the team on its road trip and was not at its home game Wednesday against the Chicago Bulls. The shooting guard could be out an additional three months following right thumb surgery.
“We know we’re not the only family going through this, who has been through this or who will ever go through it,” Smith’s wife says. “That’s why we decided to share what we’ve been going through with you guys. Please keep us in your prayers and we’ll do the same for everybody else.”