- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
Report: Philadelphia 76ers Close to Acquiring Kyle Korver From Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: November 12, 2018
Following a commercial break during a recent game between the Boston Celtics and Portland Trail Blazers, former NBA big man Brian Scalabrine essentially came out and admitted that the 76ers are in the process of getting a deal done for the veteran shooting guard.
Scalabrine casually dropping that the 76ers are in the process of getting Kyle Korver
— No Ax (@NoAxBball) November 12, 2018
Over the weekend, it was reported that the Sixers were already interested in Korver. Considering the fact that the Cavs look ready to tank this season, it stands to reason that they will be shipping veterans off for picks or young talent wherever they can.
At the moment, the most attractive assets the 76ers have is a 2019 first-round pick and former first-overall draft choice Markelle Fultz, who has continued to struggle in his second year as a pro. It is unclear if the Cavs could convince Philadelphia to part ways with either of those pieces for the 15-year veteran, but they might be willing to do so now that they are clearly in the midst of a win-now moment.
Whatever happens, it seems likely that Korver will not play out the rest of the 2018-19 season. Thanks to his veteran attitude and ability to shoot the ball from deep, he would be a valuable addition to any team that is looking to add another offensive weapon.
Hopefully, the Cavs are able to get some promising assets in return.