- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Report: Philadelphia 76ers Close to Acquiring Kyle Korver From Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: November 12, 2018
Following a commercial break during a recent game between the Boston Celtics and Portland Trail Blazers, former NBA big man Brian Scalabrine essentially came out and admitted that the 76ers are in the process of getting a deal done for the veteran shooting guard.
Scalabrine casually dropping that the 76ers are in the process of getting Kyle Korver
— No Ax (@NoAxBball) November 12, 2018
Over the weekend, it was reported that the Sixers were already interested in Korver. Considering the fact that the Cavs look ready to tank this season, it stands to reason that they will be shipping veterans off for picks or young talent wherever they can.
At the moment, the most attractive assets the 76ers have is a 2019 first-round pick and former first-overall draft choice Markelle Fultz, who has continued to struggle in his second year as a pro. It is unclear if the Cavs could convince Philadelphia to part ways with either of those pieces for the 15-year veteran, but they might be willing to do so now that they are clearly in the midst of a win-now moment.
Whatever happens, it seems likely that Korver will not play out the rest of the 2018-19 season. Thanks to his veteran attitude and ability to shoot the ball from deep, he would be a valuable addition to any team that is looking to add another offensive weapon.
Hopefully, the Cavs are able to get some promising assets in return.