- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Jared Dudley Rips Cavs Veterans for Leaking Complaints About Collin Sexton
- Updated: November 5, 2018
Criticism of Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Collin Sexton by some of his veteran teammates over the weekend didn’t sit well with Brooklyn Nets veteran forward Jared Dudley. That’s why he took to social media to criticize the actions of those nameless Cavaliers.
Huh??? Man he’s a rookie and we’re 8 games in! Veterans are suppose to teach him and watch film not give your quotes about a BS article https://t.co/54NxGM4EbX
— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) November 4, 2018
Those Cavs veterans were critical of things such as Sexton’s early play and his alleged refusal to take their advice to heart. Such comments of frustration are to be largely expected from a team that’s gone from four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals to one that’s won just once in their first nine games.
The 33-year-old Dudley’s preaching of patience likely stems from his own NBA journey that’s seen him stay in the NBA for what’s now his 12th season. He began as the 22nd overall pick in the 2007 draft, though the Nets are his sixth different team.
The growing pains of any rookie are inevitable, with Sexton no exception. As the eighth overall selection in last June’s draft, he’s seen as the centerpiece of the Cavaliers’ rebuilding effort.
Given the team’s disastrous slow start, which has included the dismissal of head coach Tyronn Lue, that effort could take quite a while. One thing that seems certain is that Sexton will end up outlasting those veteran critics currently on the Cavaliers roster.