- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Report: Cavs Fire Head Coach Tyronn Lue After Disastrous 0-6 Start
- Updated: October 28, 2018
After a disastrous 0-6 record to start the 2018-19 season, the Cleveland Cavaliers have decided to fire Tyronn Lue. Cavs assistant coach Larry Drew has been promoted to interim coach for the time being.
Cavs‘ roster has been informed of firing of Ty Lue, per league sources. Lue has been let go as Cavs head coach after 0-6 start to Cleveland’s season. https://t.co/b50Nxh91Br
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 28, 2018
After firing Ty Lue, Cleveland planning to promote Larry Drew to interim coach, sources tell ESPN. Management meeting with Drew now.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 28, 2018
Lue took over as head coach in the middle of the 2015-16 season after David Blatt was fired. That team went on to win the 2016 NBA Finals in a historic 3-1 comeback against the Golden State Warriors.
The front office awarded Lue with a five-year, $35 million contract, however it seems that the franchise is planing to head in another direction for now as far as head-coaching duties are concerned.
Lue was reportedly adamant about not tanking the 2018-19 season, and it’s possible that the team’s front office now has a different vision for the Cavs.