- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
LeBron James Sends Message to Tyronn Lue After News of Being Fired From Cavs
- Updated: October 28, 2018
Shortly after it was announced that Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue had been fired, former Cavs star LeBron James took to Twitter to thank Lue for all the memories and accomplishments they shared during their time in Cleveland.
T Lue thanks for the memories and more importantly our partnership bringing a ? to that deserved city/fan base. U know how to find me ??
Lue was named the head coach of the Cavs on Jan. 22, 2016. Just a few months later, Lue and his players were hoisting the Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy after coming back from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals to defeat the Golden State Warriors.
Sadly, that mountain top was not reached during the following two seasons, and after James decided to leave this offseason in free agency, many predicted that Lue’s days in Cleveland were numbered.
After an 0-6 start to the 2018-19 season, and reported disagreements with general manager Koby Altman and team owner Dan Gilbert about player lineups, it makes a certain amount of sense that the front office felt it was time for a change. Still, it is surprising news nonetheless.
In the end, the NBA is all about winning. Over the last six games, Lue proved that he was simply not ready to lead this team now that James is no longer there to help him. While he may have been the perfect coach for the James era in Cleveland, that time is now clearly over.
Larry Drew will serve as the interim coach in Lue’s absence. Time will tell what kind of coach the Cavs believe can help them usher in a new era of success.