- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
Report: Cavs Cut 4 Players Ahead of NBA Roster Deadline
- Updated: October 13, 2018
With the NBA roster deadline quickly approaching, Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman announced from Cleveland Clinic Courts that the team has waived four players from its roster: Isaiah Taylor, Bonzi Colson, Kobi Simmons, and Emanuel Terry.
Cleveland’s roster now stands and 16, including two players under two-way contracts.
Taylor looked to be a frontrunner for the 15th and final roster spot but suffered a stress fracture in his left leg during summer workouts, which deemed him out for at least a month. He appeared in three preseason games for the Cavs and averaged 4.7 points and 2.3 assists in 16.8 minutes per game.
“He’s played so well, competed every single day even though he has felt this for a while,” head coach Tyronn Lue said of Taylor. “To play the way he has played in feeling that is kind of crazy, unbelievable. Just feel sorry for the kid and the work he’s put in. Hopefully he can get through this and get healthy.”
Colson played in three preseason games for the Cavs, averaging 3.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in 9.7 minutes per game.
Simmons saw action in four preseason contests and averaged 4.0 points in 10.9 minutes per game. While Terry appeared in just one preseason game for Cleveland.