- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
Why LeBron Expects Today to Be One of the Greatest Moments of His Life in Northeast Ohio
- Updated: July 30, 2018
LeBron James has already had a big summer. He decided to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers earlier this month and has started the next stage of his life in L.A. However, that doesn’t mean that much of his heart doesn’t still lie in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.
On Sunday, James took to Twitter to state that the launch of the LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron (Ohio) Public Schools’ new elementary school will be one of the best days of his life.
The jitters before the first day of school are real right now!!! Tomorrow is going to be one of the greatest moments (if not the greatest) of my life when we open the #IPROMISE School. This skinny kid from Akron who missed 83 days of school in the 4th grade had big dreams… https://t.co/PwmRaHRfng
big dreams for the kids in Akron to give them everything they could need to find their passion, give back to our community and change the world!! This school is that. The people are that. Akron is that. @LJFamFoundation we've always done it big
The I Promise School is the product of nearly a decade of work by James’ foundation. Its goal is to focus on the education of at-risk children from disadvantaged situations or backgrounds.
and it doesn't get bigger than opening day tomorrow (until the next thing we dream of ?) I'm so unbelievably proud and excited to see my kids, my home, and the 330 tomorrow. THANK YOU! Let's get it. Let’s go ?? @IPROMISESchool #WeAreFamily #IPROMISE
While James’ success on the basketball court has been at the center of his identity in Cleveland for much of his life, it seems clear that he is on the cusp of taking on a whole new role in his hometown.
Even if his days in the Wine and Gold are over, it seems James is committed to remaining a positive force in the city of Cleveland. Hopefully Monday’s school opening is just the first of many more great days for the three-time NBA champ in Northeast Ohio.