- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Center Edy Tavares
- Updated: October 11, 2017
With one game remaining on their preseason schedule, the Cleveland Cavaliers have begun reducing their roster in preparation for their season-opening contest next Tuesday at Quicken Loans Arena against the Boston Celtics.
On Wednesday, the team announced that they have released center Edy Tavares. Tavares had originally been signed by the Cavs last April, prior to the start of the postseason. He suffered a broken hand in practice during the playoffs, but was still seen as a potential player the team could develop for the future.
#Cavs waive big man Edy Tavares; he played in two preseason games this year, averaged 2.0pts and 2.0reb.
— Joe Gabriele (@CavsJoeG) October 11, 2017
However, Tavares played in just two preseason contests, playing just 4.9 minutes per game. During his time on the court, he averaged 2.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game.
The Cavaliers will be making more cuts to get down to the 15-man limit by next week.