- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Center Edy Tavares
- Updated: October 11, 2017
With one game remaining on their preseason schedule, the Cleveland Cavaliers have begun reducing their roster in preparation for their season-opening contest next Tuesday at Quicken Loans Arena against the Boston Celtics.
On Wednesday, the team announced that they have released center Edy Tavares. Tavares had originally been signed by the Cavs last April, prior to the start of the postseason. He suffered a broken hand in practice during the playoffs, but was still seen as a potential player the team could develop for the future.
#Cavs waive big man Edy Tavares; he played in two preseason games this year, averaged 2.0pts and 2.0reb.
— Joe Gabriele (@CavsJoeG) October 11, 2017
However, Tavares played in just two preseason contests, playing just 4.9 minutes per game. During his time on the court, he averaged 2.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game.
The Cavaliers will be making more cuts to get down to the 15-man limit by next week.