- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Center Edy Tavares
- Updated: October 11, 2017
With one game remaining on their preseason schedule, the Cleveland Cavaliers have begun reducing their roster in preparation for their season-opening contest next Tuesday at Quicken Loans Arena against the Boston Celtics.
On Wednesday, the team announced that they have released center Edy Tavares. Tavares had originally been signed by the Cavs last April, prior to the start of the postseason. He suffered a broken hand in practice during the playoffs, but was still seen as a potential player the team could develop for the future.
#Cavs waive big man Edy Tavares; he played in two preseason games this year, averaged 2.0pts and 2.0reb.
— Joe Gabriele (@CavsJoeG) October 11, 2017
However, Tavares played in just two preseason contests, playing just 4.9 minutes per game. During his time on the court, he averaged 2.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game.
The Cavaliers will be making more cuts to get down to the 15-man limit by next week.