- Kevin Love Says He and DeMar DeRozan Have ‘Higher Purpose’ to Help Kids Speak About Mental Illness
- Cavs News: Jordan Clarkson Signs With Rich Paul and Klutch Sports
- Report: Cavs Turned Down Multiple J.R. Smith Offers That Would Have Netted 1st-Round Pick
- Report: J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver Expected to Sign With Lakers
- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
LeBron James Speaks Out for First Time on Why He Left Cavs to Join Lakers
- Updated: July 29, 2018
Earlier this month, LeBron James left the Cleveland Cavaliers to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers. He will now continue his career with one of the most storied franchises in NBA history. As it turns out, that legacy that the Lakers hold was one of the deciding factors that led James to choose his next team.
On Sunday, James posted a video via UNINTERRUPTED to share his thoughts about becoming a part of the Lakers organization.
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) July 29, 2018
“You look at the Lakers, being able to play for a historic franchise with so much history,” James said. “Now being able to partner with Magic Johnson, someone I kind of looked up to when I was younger, and wanted to make no-look passes like Magic, wanted to get on the break and be showtime like Magic, and then for it to all come to fruition at this point. I think timing is everything.
“For me to be in this position now, the excitement that I have to be a Laker. I’m happy to be a part of it because I believe the Lakers is a historical franchise, we all know that, but it’s a championship franchise and that’s where we’re trying to get back to. I’m happy to be a part of the culture and be a part of us getting back to that point.”
For Cleveland fans, it is hard to hear James talk so glowingly about any franchise other than the Cavs. For James fans, however, it is good to see how clearly excited the four-time NBA MVP is to begin this next chapter in his life and career.
Hopefully he is able to enjoy a similar level of success in Los Angeles that he did during his second tenure with the Cavaliers.