- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Cavs Fan Sets Himself on Fire While Burning His LeBron Jersey
- Updated: July 4, 2018
On the first day of free agency, it was announced that LeBron James would be signing with the Los Angeles Lakers for the upcoming season on a four-year, $154 million deal.
While some Cleveland Cavaliers fans were able to accept the decision (as the rumors of James leaving had been prevalent for quite some time now), others were not so willing to move on gracefully.
One Cavs fan went as far as to burn his James jersey in highly combustible fashion, which turned out not to be the smartest idea.
— Viral Sports (@NotScTop10plays) July 3, 2018
Despite James leaving the Cavs for the second time in his career, the team is in a much better position this time around than they were in 2010. That’s because of all the young assets they currently possess, including the eighth overall draft pick in Collin Sexton.
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and the front office will have to decide if they want to fast forward to a rebuild and get rid of all their big veteran contracts, or try to contend both this season and on with the current core that they have intact.