- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Report: Cavs Are Operating as If LeBron Is Leaving Cleveland This Summer
- Updated: June 27, 2018
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, recent activity from the front office has been noticeably hinting at a future without their superstar forward.
"From the Kyrie trade forward, a lot of the (Cavs) moves have been toward a post-LeBron future." – Windy
— Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) June 26, 2018
Windhorst revealed in an interview with ESPN Cleveland what his impressions were of the Cavs and their front office.
“From the Kyrie [Irving] trade forward, a lot of the Cavs’ moves have been toward a post-LeBron future,” Windhorst said. “I don’t think LeBron was involved in their draft pick whatsoever. When Koby [Altman] says we’re in the player development business and not the championship winning business, that signals what they’re thinking LeBron is going to do.”
The Cavs drafted Collin Sexton with the eighth overall pick and the selection may have been part of their preparation for James’ departure.
If James is on his way out of Cleveland, the most logical destination for him is the Los Angeles Lakers, but that may be dependent on Paul George signing on to play in the City of Angels too. Should George decide to remain with the Oklahoma City Thunder, then there’s a possibility that James stays in a Wine and Gold uniform since the Lakers will not be in a position to win championships without another All-Star alongside James.