- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
Report: LeBron James Plans to Inform Cavs of Free-Agency Plans on Wednesday
- Updated: June 12, 2018
After the conclusion of the 2018 NBA Finals, fans were prepared for weeks of rumors, reports, and speculation regarding LeBron James‘ future. It now appears that they won’t have to wait nearly as long as originally expected.
“A source familiar with LeBron James’ thinking told me this afternoon that the Cavs’ free agent-to-be will inform Cleveland whether he plans to stay or go, this Wednesday.”
While it would be beneficial to the Cavs if James were to announce which team he would be playing for as early as tomorrow, the four-time MVP is likely to inform the team whether or not he plans on opting in to the third year of his three-year deal on Wednesday. James has an option to opt in for $35 million or to opt out and become an unrestricted free agent.
Recent reports seem to indicate that James is favoring a move to the Los Angeles Lakers. That does not mean, however, that all of the teams that James has been interesting in playing for are out of the running.
Hopefully James is doing this to put his devoted fan base in Cleveland at ease, and to let them know well ahead of the July 1 free-agency period that he plans to remain in the Wine and Gold.