- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
LeBron James Set to Grace Cover of NBA 2K19
- Updated: June 5, 2018
LeBron James likely won’t win his fifth MVP award this season, and with an 0-2 deficit in the current NBA Finals, it will take a small miracle for him to win his fourth championship. Despite that, it appears James has already won one of basketball’s biggest popularity contests.
Based on early images of the latest installment of the wildly popular NBA 2K series, it looks as though James is set to grace the cover of the game’s 20th anniversary edition set to come out this September.
According to Forbes.com‘s Brian Mazique, a GameStop store manager leaked the images featuring James to Twitter. Mazique pointed out that while James seems to be a lock for the special edition version of the game, it is unclear if he will also appear on the cover of the standard edition of the game.
“As the merchandising says, it is the ’20th Anniversary Edition,'” he wrote. “Is there a Standard Edition and if so, will James be on the cover of that as well? At this point, it’s all speculation, but if there is a standard edition, I’d be shocked if James is on the cover. 2K is more likely to target one of the league’s young, up-and-coming stars like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons or Giannis Antetokounmpo, with the latter two being a strong possibility considering their similarities to James’ overall game.”
Hopefully, James and the Cleveland Cavaliers are able to do the improbable once again against the Golden State Warriors and dig themselves out of their current 0-2 hole and come back to win the championship this season. That way, Cavs fans will be celebrating much more than the video game cover this fall.