- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Dan Gilbert Says He Will ‘Never’ Move Cavaliers Out of Cleveland
- Updated: August 31, 2017
Earlier this week, news broke that Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert had scrapped the $140 million deal to upgrade Quicken Loans Arena, a deal which would have extended the Cavs’ lease of the arena to 2034.
Since the news, concern has arisen, that with no plans to upgrade the aging arena, Gilbert could eventually consider the options of either selling or relocating the team in 2027. On Thursday, Gilbert took to Twitter to quell any concern, promising to never move the Cavs out of Cleveland.
While Gilbert has certainly has had his ups and downs as owner, it’s good know to that he understands just how important this team is to the city of Cleveland.