- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
Joel Embiid’s Live Reaction to J.R. Smith’s Last-Second Blunder
- Updated: June 1, 2018
The entire world of basketball could not believe their eyes in the waning moments of Thursday night’s Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
With 4.7 seconds left on the clock, Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith had the chance to be the hero when he grabbed a huge offensive rebound with the game tied, 107-107. While he could have easily attempted a last-second, potentially game-winning layup, Smith instead elected to dribble out the clock to take his team to overtime.
The shock felt by Cavs fans everywhere was shared by Philadelphia 76ers big man Joel Embiid, who was gobsmacked by Smith’s decision while watching the game on television.
The Golden State Warriors took advantage of Smith’s mistake in the subsequent overtime period and scored the first nine points, effectively ending the game.
Now, Smith and his teammates will have to try to pick up the pieces after the heartbreaking loss. If they are able to steal Game 2 and even the series, all may be forgiven. If they lose and find themselves in an 0-2 hole, it is quite possible that the Cleveland faithful will never fully forgive Smith for his mistake.