- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James to Michael Jordan After Epic Game 5 Performance
- Updated: April 26, 2018
After James’ game-winning shot in Game 5, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue revealed a similarity between James and Jordan that even the biggest haters can’t deny. Following his postgame press conference, Lue told several reporters how James’ game-winning shot reminded him of one of Jordan’s most iconic career moments.
“I think that LeBron shot might have been like Jordan’s shot over Craig Ehlo in Cleveland,” Lue said. “Same play.”
When looking at the replay, the similarities cannot be denied.
Jordan and James are very different players and win in very different ways, but they are both two of the most clutch players in NBA history. Some look to stats to decide who the greatest players of all time are. Others looks to number of championship wins, and others look to which players made the biggest plays in the biggest moments. In that final respect, James and Jordan are likely neck and neck.
Even without his game-winning shot, James had a game that offers even more proof of his greatness, finishing the night with 44 points, 10 rebounds, and eight assists.
While Jordan has him beat in terms of rings at the moment, with the way James is playing right now, he might be adding another ring to his mantle piece by the end of this season.