- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Tyronn Lue Expected to Make ‘Bold’ Changes to Starting Lineup in Game 2
- Updated: April 18, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers enter Wednesday night’s Game 2 matchup against the Indiana Pacers in a must-win situation. One report suggests that Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue is planning on putting out a starting unit that is likely to draw plenty of attention due to the apparently radical nature of some position changes.
Expecting starting lineup changes for #Cavs. Someone just referred to moves as “bold” by Lue. We’ll see.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) April 18, 2018
The cryptic tweet offers no hint as to exactly which players will be inserted into the lineup for Cleveland and which ones will be removed. However, one player who will undoubtedly remain as a starter is veteran forward LeBron James, who collected a triple-double in Sunday’s Game 1 defeat. Unfortunately, poor shooting all around for the remainder of the Cavaliers resulted in a huge first-half deficit that proved to be too large to overcome.
The importance of a victory on Wednesday night can’t be overstated for the Cavs. That’s because losing again will send them on the road to Indianapolis for two weekend games in hostile surroundings and facing possible elimination. That’s a far cry from three consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, which is why Lue’s effort to inject some life into his squad will be closely watched.