- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Jose Calderon Pays Special Tribute to LeBron James via Social Media
- Updated: April 10, 2018
It’s been a difficult season for the Cleveland Cavaliers, but after a 123-109 win over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden, they finally secured another Central Division title.
It’s the fourth straight time for the Cavaliers, but for their leader, LeBron James, it marks his 10th consecutive division title as an individual.
This prompted Cavs point guard Jose Calderon to pay a special tribute to the man they call the King, as he congratulated James via Instagram on the rare feat.
Happy to be back! Little rusty out there but the leg felt great! Tonight was special: 50 Wins and Clinched Division Title. And this guy in front on me @kingjames 👑 10 straight Division Titles!! Congrats!! #10!onarow!🤐 Feliz de estar de vuleta! Un poco falto de ritmo hoy pero la pierna a tope! Hoy fue un dia especial: 50 Victorias y Titulo de División! Y el chaval de delante mio @kingjames 👑 10 Títulos de División consecutivos! Felicidades!! #10!seguidos!🤐
No one else in NBA history has ever achieved the distinction of having won as many division crowns as James did on Monday night. With the title in hand, the Akron native broke a quintuple tie between him, Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Tom Heinsohn and Bill Russell.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) April 10, 2018
Taking the lead in the Central Division is particularly important to the Cavs as it would allow them to retake the third seed from the Philadelphia 76ers should there be a tie between the teams’ records at the end of the season. The Sixers and the Cavs split their regular season series at two games apiece and a division title would be the tiebreaker.
James had 26 points, 11 assists and six rebounds to lead the Wine and Gold to their 11th win in 13 games.
When the Cavs return to the court for their season finale, they will be facing the Knicks once again on Wednesday. This will give James an opportunity to achieve a personal record by playing in all 82 games for the first time in his career.
Not bad for a 15-year veteran who is considered one of the most durable players in the NBA.