- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Jose Calderon Pays Special Tribute to LeBron James via Social Media
- Updated: April 10, 2018
It’s been a difficult season for the Cleveland Cavaliers, but after a 123-109 win over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden, they finally secured another Central Division title.
It’s the fourth straight time for the Cavaliers, but for their leader, LeBron James, it marks his 10th consecutive division title as an individual.
This prompted Cavs point guard Jose Calderon to pay a special tribute to the man they call the King, as he congratulated James via Instagram on the rare feat.
Happy to be back! Little rusty out there but the leg felt great! Tonight was special: 50 Wins and Clinched Division Title. And this guy in front on me @kingjames ? 10 straight Division Titles!! Congrats!! #10!onarow!? Feliz de estar de vuleta! Un poco falto de ritmo hoy pero la pierna a tope! Hoy fue un dia especial: 50 Victorias y Titulo de División! Y el chaval de delante mio @kingjames ? 10 Títulos de División consecutivos! Felicidades!! #10!seguidos!?
No one else in NBA history has ever achieved the distinction of having won as many division crowns as James did on Monday night. With the title in hand, the Akron native broke a quintuple tie between him, Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Tom Heinsohn and Bill Russell.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) April 10, 2018
Taking the lead in the Central Division is particularly important to the Cavs as it would allow them to retake the third seed from the Philadelphia 76ers should there be a tie between the teams’ records at the end of the season. The Sixers and the Cavs split their regular season series at two games apiece and a division title would be the tiebreaker.
James had 26 points, 11 assists and six rebounds to lead the Wine and Gold to their 11th win in 13 games.
When the Cavs return to the court for their season finale, they will be facing the Knicks once again on Wednesday. This will give James an opportunity to achieve a personal record by playing in all 82 games for the first time in his career.
Not bad for a 15-year veteran who is considered one of the most durable players in the NBA.