- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
Video: LeBron James Praises Kevin Love, Speaks on His Importance to Cavs
- Updated: March 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers received a big boost on Monday night as they welcomed back big man Kevin Love, who had missed the previous 21 games with a broken hand suffered on Jan. 30 against the Detroit Pistons.
The Cavs bested the bucks by a score of 124-117 as Love was the second leading scorer on the team behind LeBron James, who finished with his 16th triple-double of the season with 40 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, and two steals. Love finished night with 18 points, seven rebounds, four assists, and two blocks.
After the game, James spoke about the big man’s impact in his first game played in over a month and a half:
"It's great to have him back."
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) March 20, 2018
With the Cavs extremely short-handed in the big man department, it’s a welcome sight to see Love back on the court. Larry Nance Jr. is still out with a sore right hamstring, while Tristan Thompson is still nursing a sprained right ankle.
The Cavs are now a half-game above the Indiana Pacers for the third seed in the Eastern Conference and a whopping six games behind the Boston Celtics for the second seed.