- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. Out, Rodney Hood in vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: March 15, 2018
Despite the expected return of guard Rodney Hood from injury, the Cleveland Cavaliers received some bad news on Thursday afternoon. That’s because they’ll be facing the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday without the services of starting center Larry Nance Jr., who’s sitting out the contest with a hamstring issue.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) March 15, 2018
Nance, who had been inserted into the starting lineup after a recent injury to Tristan Thompson, left Tuesday night’s game in Phoenix after playing just 14 minutes. His absence didn’t come into play as the Cavaliers led from start to finish in defeating the Suns. However, Thursday’s road contest against Portland offers a much stiffer challenge, with Ante Zizic expected to see extensive action because of the Cavs’ depleted squad, which again will have four injured players sitting out.
Hood has missed the past two games after leaving last Friday’s game against the Los Angeles Clippers.