- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
Derrick Rose Secretly Got Married During Personal Leave of Absence From Cavs
- Updated: February 2, 2018
After Cleveland Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose got injured during this season’s second game, he spent much of the next three months trying to rehabilitate. In late November, the combination of the slow pace of rehab and his lengthy injury history caused him to take a leave of absence as he reportedly pondered the idea of retirement. However, it turns out that a more positive development did take place during this time: he got married.
Our insider explained, “Derrick and Alaina wanted to start their family as a married couple.” We’re told that the wedding was small and private.
There’s no indication exactly when the nuptials took place, but Rose returned to the Cavaliers 10 days after he announced his leave on Nov. 24.
Rose signed with the Cavaliers during the past offseason at a veteran’s minimum salary that was directly connected to teams being reluctant to take a chance on the oft-injured former league MVP. He officially returned to the court during the Jan. 18 victory over Orlando and has since played in five of the six games that followed. For the year, the 29-year-old Rose is averaging 11.1 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists in the 13 games that he’s played.