- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Derrick Rose Secretly Got Married During Personal Leave of Absence From Cavs
- Updated: February 2, 2018
After Cleveland Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose got injured during this season’s second game, he spent much of the next three months trying to rehabilitate. In late November, the combination of the slow pace of rehab and his lengthy injury history caused him to take a leave of absence as he reportedly pondered the idea of retirement. However, it turns out that a more positive development did take place during this time: he got married.
Our insider explained, “Derrick and Alaina wanted to start their family as a married couple.” We’re told that the wedding was small and private.
There’s no indication exactly when the nuptials took place, but Rose returned to the Cavaliers 10 days after he announced his leave on Nov. 24.
Rose signed with the Cavaliers during the past offseason at a veteran’s minimum salary that was directly connected to teams being reluctant to take a chance on the oft-injured former league MVP. He officially returned to the court during the Jan. 18 victory over Orlando and has since played in five of the six games that followed. For the year, the 29-year-old Rose is averaging 11.1 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists in the 13 games that he’s played.