- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Derrick Rose Secretly Got Married During Personal Leave of Absence From Cavs
- Updated: February 2, 2018
After Cleveland Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose got injured during this season’s second game, he spent much of the next three months trying to rehabilitate. In late November, the combination of the slow pace of rehab and his lengthy injury history caused him to take a leave of absence as he reportedly pondered the idea of retirement. However, it turns out that a more positive development did take place during this time: he got married.
Our insider explained, “Derrick and Alaina wanted to start their family as a married couple.” We’re told that the wedding was small and private.
There’s no indication exactly when the nuptials took place, but Rose returned to the Cavaliers 10 days after he announced his leave on Nov. 24.
Rose signed with the Cavaliers during the past offseason at a veteran’s minimum salary that was directly connected to teams being reluctant to take a chance on the oft-injured former league MVP. He officially returned to the court during the Jan. 18 victory over Orlando and has since played in five of the six games that followed. For the year, the 29-year-old Rose is averaging 11.1 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists in the 13 games that he’s played.