- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Warriors Take Social Media Jab at Cavs Following Embarrassing Loss to Wolves
- Updated: January 9, 2018
The rivalry between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors has been primarily elevated by the record-setting three consecutive NBA Finals appearances between the two franchises. Within that competitive atmosphere has often been a social media undercurrent that makes sure to recognize stumbles on the other side.
After the Cavaliers suffered an embarrassing 127-99 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night, the Wolves’ Instagram account took time to recognize the rout. Among the nearly 35,000 accounts on the social media site at that time that made the effort to “Like” the post was from the Warriors.
— Jaryd Wilson (@JarydWilson) January 9, 2018
The Timberwolves’ victory moved them into the fourth spot among teams in the Western Conference. That current status, aided by the Wolves’ seven wins in their last 10 contests, could potentially mean that the Warriors and Timberwolves could meet in a second-round playoff series in May.
The dig may be on the minds of the Cavaliers when they host the Warriors next Monday, in a rematch of their Christmas Day battle in Oakland.