- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Warriors Take Social Media Jab at Cavs Following Embarrassing Loss to Wolves
- Updated: January 9, 2018
The rivalry between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors has been primarily elevated by the record-setting three consecutive NBA Finals appearances between the two franchises. Within that competitive atmosphere has often been a social media undercurrent that makes sure to recognize stumbles on the other side.
After the Cavaliers suffered an embarrassing 127-99 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night, the Wolves’ Instagram account took time to recognize the rout. Among the nearly 35,000 accounts on the social media site at that time that made the effort to “Like” the post was from the Warriors.
— Jaryd Wilson (@JarydWilson) January 9, 2018
The Timberwolves’ victory moved them into the fourth spot among teams in the Western Conference. That current status, aided by the Wolves’ seven wins in their last 10 contests, could potentially mean that the Warriors and Timberwolves could meet in a second-round playoff series in May.
The dig may be on the minds of the Cavaliers when they host the Warriors next Monday, in a rematch of their Christmas Day battle in Oakland.