- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Video: Tyronn Lue Speaks on How Excited He Is for Return of Isaiah Thomas
- Updated: January 1, 2018
Many of Thomas’ teammates have already taken to social media to welcome their All-Star point guard back to the court. Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue also reflected on his talented player’s imminent return while speaking with reporters on Monday.
"It's a good moment for us."
“It’s great. I mean because you know I think you’re always like, ‘Is it gonna happen, when’s it gonna happen?'” Lue said. “But now it’s finally here and like I said, just seeing how he can play with pace and getting to the paint, and his speed and quickness, and his ability to shoot the basketball. It really changes our team. Just very excited, from day one to now. It’s a good moment for us.”
Lue couldn’t have put it any better. Thomas’ return gives the Cavs another offensive weapon and gives them one more way to attack their opponents in the regular season and beyond.
The 2017 All-Star’s return will undoubtedly be slow and steady, but it’s clear that Lue is already envisioning the full potential of his roster once Thomas is ready to take on a full load. This holiday season has come with a very special present for the Cleveland faithful. Only time will tell Thomas’ return will be the gift that keeps on giving.