- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Expected to Make Return Tomorrow vs. Hawks
- Updated: December 11, 2017
On Monday, Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue told reporters that the plan is for the talented big man to make his return on Tuesday night against the Atlanta Hawks.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 11, 2017
Thompson also spoke to reporters about his recovery and return.
“We’ve been doing a lot of treatment and recovery and getting up and down,” Thompson said. “A couple pickup games, so feel good, we’ll see how I feel in the morning. Time will tell.”
Even before his injury, Thompson’s stats this season had not jumped off the page as he was averaging just 4.4 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. Still, he has served as an important piece for the Cavs throughout his career and he will certainly look to regain his form as the season continues.
The injury bug seemed to have bitten the Cavs early in the season, but now players are finally beginning to return to health. Hopefully that translates into yet another impressive winning streak as the Cavs look to continue to build upon their promising NBA season