- Kevin Love Points Out Difference Between Passing to Collin Sexton and LeBron James
- Cavs Teammates Praise Collin Sexton for Accomplishing This First ‘Real’ NBA Feat
- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
Cavs News: Derrick Rose (Ankle) to Miss Thursday’s Game vs. Houston Rockets
- Updated: November 9, 2017
It seems that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose isn’t completely over his ankle injury after all, as it is being reported by ESPN that the point guard will miss Thursday’s matchup against the Houston Rockets due to continuing discomfort in his left ankle.
The point guard has already missed four games this season due to a sprained left ankle that occurred in just the second game of the season. In that matchup versus the Milwaukee Bucks, Rose collided with then Bucks forward Greg Monroe, who was charged with a flagrant foul upon further review after the game.
Although the point guard is currently the team’s third leading scorer, his lack of assists (1.7) and abysmal defense have most definitely contributed to the team’s 5-6 record to start the season. In fact, Rose has almost double the amount of turnovers (19) to assists (12) on the season.
According to sources, the Cavs will likely replace Rose with Iman Shumpert in the starting lineup against the Rockets.
The Cavs are getting ready to go on a four-game road trip, starting with the game against Houston, followed by matchups in Dallas, New York, and Charlotte. It is still undetermined whether or not Rose will return for the team’s game against the Mavericks.