- NBA Commissioner Comments on Dan Gilbert’s Condition and Ability to Continue as Cavs Owner
- Report: Tyronn Lue Being Subpoenaed in Lawsuit Against Cavs
- Channing Frye Explains Why He Chose to Sign With Cavs Over Raptors Last Offseason
- Report: Koby Altman ‘Stunned’ Lindsay Gottlieb With Offer She Couldn’t Refuse
- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
Cavs News: Derrick Rose (Ankle) to Miss Thursday’s Game vs. Houston Rockets
- Updated: November 9, 2017
It seems that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose isn’t completely over his ankle injury after all, as it is being reported by ESPN that the point guard will miss Thursday’s matchup against the Houston Rockets due to continuing discomfort in his left ankle.
The point guard has already missed four games this season due to a sprained left ankle that occurred in just the second game of the season. In that matchup versus the Milwaukee Bucks, Rose collided with then Bucks forward Greg Monroe, who was charged with a flagrant foul upon further review after the game.
Although the point guard is currently the team’s third leading scorer, his lack of assists (1.7) and abysmal defense have most definitely contributed to the team’s 5-6 record to start the season. In fact, Rose has almost double the amount of turnovers (19) to assists (12) on the season.
According to sources, the Cavs will likely replace Rose with Iman Shumpert in the starting lineup against the Rockets.
The Cavs are getting ready to go on a four-game road trip, starting with the game against Houston, followed by matchups in Dallas, New York, and Charlotte. It is still undetermined whether or not Rose will return for the team’s game against the Mavericks.