- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Cavs News: Derrick Rose (Ankle) to Miss Thursday’s Game vs. Houston Rockets
- Updated: November 9, 2017
It seems that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose isn’t completely over his ankle injury after all, as it is being reported by ESPN that the point guard will miss Thursday’s matchup against the Houston Rockets due to continuing discomfort in his left ankle.
The point guard has already missed four games this season due to a sprained left ankle that occurred in just the second game of the season. In that matchup versus the Milwaukee Bucks, Rose collided with then Bucks forward Greg Monroe, who was charged with a flagrant foul upon further review after the game.
Although the point guard is currently the team’s third leading scorer, his lack of assists (1.7) and abysmal defense have most definitely contributed to the team’s 5-6 record to start the season. In fact, Rose has almost double the amount of turnovers (19) to assists (12) on the season.
According to sources, the Cavs will likely replace Rose with Iman Shumpert in the starting lineup against the Rockets.
The Cavs are getting ready to go on a four-game road trip, starting with the game against Houston, followed by matchups in Dallas, New York, and Charlotte. It is still undetermined whether or not Rose will return for the team’s game against the Mavericks.