- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Gordon Hayward Breaks Leg in Season-Opener vs. Cavs
- Updated: October 17, 2017
The season-opener featuring the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics took a nasty turn on Tuesday night when newly signed small forward Gordon Hayward went down with what appeared to be a badly injured leg.
The injury took place as Hayward went up for a basket midway through the first quarter.
— Celtics News (@CelticsNewsNBA) October 18, 2017
“Oh my goodness, Hayward came down so hard,” announcer Kevin Harlan said immediately after the fall. “Hayward broke his leg. Hayward has broken his leg.”
Hayward joined the Celtics this summer as a free agent and while there is a plethora of talent on the Celtics roster, he will certainly be missed.
Hopefully Hayward can begin his recovery soon from what is truly a terrifying and sobering injury.